[TriLUG] good pcmcia card

Jim priest at thecrumb.com
Tue Jun 4 13:22:17 EDT 2002

Been out of the Linux loop for a bit but have a PHP project I need to
ramp up for and am trying to get a laptop that has been laying around
the office setup.  Everything works fine except networking...

Trying to install a Netgear FA511 and it's just not happy. Previously
I had a 3Com card in that was working fine - I just got tired of
dragging the dongle everywhere.

Digging around the google groups I see several posts regarding
problems getting this card to work properly - so I'm considering
taking it back and getting something else.

Using the latest RH 7.3 - the only requirements I have are no dongle
and hopefully inexpensive...

(I'm on the digest but if you could cc me off list that would be great)

Thanks much,
Jim