[TriLUG] roadrunner and static ip

Lisa C. Boyd lcboyd at nc.rr.com
Wed Jun 5 20:36:49 EDT 2002

H Brett Bolen wrote:
> > I've been really happy with roadrunner.

Thunder Bear replied:
>You're obviously not in the same service area as me.

Ya know, I was going to say that I've been ok with the service - then it
crapped out on me this afternoon. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't
a computer addict ;)

Thunder Bear wrote:
>I've priced it out.  A few months ago I was quoted $99 per month for one
>static IP and unfiltered ports (i.e. I could run servers).  No upgrade
>in bandwidth in either direction from residential class.

At least you got a quote :) I filled out one of their request forms over a
month ago and no one's ever said "boo!" Do they charge for bandwidth?
That's one nice thing about the host I'm using now - they don't charge for
how much bandwidth you use.

Are there other options than RR and DSL? I know that DSL hasn't made it to
my house yet - at least last time I checked...

Lisa B.