[TriLUG] Re: sendmail and alternate ports

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Thu Jun 6 09:24:21 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-06-06 at 08:53, Thunder Bear wrote:
> Forgive my ignorance of iptables since I usually use pf for firewalling,
> but I know with pf you can intercept any outbound connection to a
> specific port and redirect it to a locally running daemon listening on
> another port.  This is how many people do squid transparent proxying.
> That way anything trying to go out to port 25 of a remote host would be
> intercepted and redirected to stunnel as described earlier.

Hmm. I have no idea if we can do that on linux yet. Although if it's a
full iptables implementation, it should be do-able, I just don't know
how.

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --
320C 0336 3BC4 13EC 4AEC  6AF2 525F CED7 7BB6 12C9

 Obviously I was either onto something, or on something. -- Larry Wall
 on the creation of Perl