[TriLUG] static ip quote from nc.rr.com

James LewisMoss dres at lewismoss.net
Thu Jun 6 12:38:54 EDT 2002

>>>>> On 06 Jun 2002 09:59:19 -0400, Thunder Bear <thunderbear at yonderway.com> said:

 Thunder> On Thu, 2002-06-06 at 09:50, H Brett Bolen wrote:
 >> I left my contact info on twc brodband webpage around 5pm last
 >> night.
 >>
 >> The called me back at 9am this morning.

 Thunder> Well at least their turnaround has improved.

 >> so basically, it costs $190 a month ( $145 more than what I pay
 >> now).

 Thunder> But their prices have gone past the ozone layer.

 Thunder> Maybe I won't upgrade after all.

Don't know if you can get DSL, but I'm paying $60/month for Britsys
(Verizon is carrier) with static IP, 1500kdown/128kup(iirc).  Verizon
seems to be flakey (it's like they decide "Hey let's turn of the
hardware for a few minutes" every other day or so), but it's not a big
problem.

Jim

--
@James LewisMoss <dres at lewismoss.org>   |  Blessed Be!