[TriLUG] Security through obsolecense

Jonathan Rippy jonathan.rippy at interpath.net
Fri Jun 7 14:30:28 EDT 2002

It's really sounds like just another name for Security through Obscurity
in my book.  After all, the exploits that exisited back when it was
mainstream are still lying around.  Now, if what they are really trying
to say is security through peer-reviewed code that has been tried and
tested and survived the fire and tests of time then that's a good idea.
(after all, if it isn't broke don't fix it.)

See Bruce Peren's article on Slashdot about Security through Obscurity....
     http://slashdot.org/features/980720/0819202.shtml

I could go on and on about this topic but I'll stop now because therein
lies a many twisted path... :)

--
jonathan rippy