[TriLUG] Dumb Terminals?

Lisa C. Boyd lcboyd at nc.rr.com
Sat Jun 8 12:04:12 EDT 2002

>check out www.ltsp.org and www.k12ltsp.org.

These two sites have given me a good start on the info I was looking for.
Basically I've been thinking of two projects (just in the planning stages
so don't hold me to any of this yet): one project would be possibly setting
up dumb terminals and server for Linux newbie classes; the other would be
to set up this stuff in school labs where needed.

Hating to see computers go to waste, I have a way possibly to buy (really
cheap) old used computers whose future is to be melted down/recycled the
hard way (IMHO). There are basically two types of computers I may be able
to pick up - those below 233Mhz and 233Mhz and above. Obviously the second
group might cost a little more money than the others, so if the lower end
computers would work fine, then it would be beneficial to go with them.
Some of the computers, especially the older ones, would need some elbow
grease to clean (physically blowing the dust out and wiping off whatever
these people spilled on the cases years ago) but they are relatively good
computers - I think.

So thanks for the information and I hope to be coming back to you with some
more plans soon and asking for help :) This group is wonderful as always!

Lisa B.