[TriLUG] trilug mailing list archives

Mike Broome mbroome at employees.org
Tue Jun 18 17:22:20 EDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 11:45:59PM -0400, Jon Carnes wrote:
> On Friday 14 June 2002 08:47 pm, Mike Broome wrote:
> >
> > (b) sometime between when I previously looked up that post and
> >     subsequently posted the URL to it and today, the page names
> >     (NNNNNN.html) seem to have changed.  (Or maybe I'm just crazy. :)
>
> You are not crazy.  The archives run monthly, so this months archives are
> active and being updated continuously.  The URL's will change as it
> updates.
>
> Once the month is complete, the URLs should stay static, unless I (or
> someone else) does some selective editing and re-indexing of the archives!

Churning the names of the pages throughout the month seems like a bit of
an odd scheme.  Out of curiosity, what software controls this aspect?
mailman?  pipermail? (or is that part of mailman?)  htdig?  some custom
scripts?

Now that I know how it works, I s'pose I can live with it.  The only
time it's a pain is if I want to send someone the URL of a post in the
archive that's less than a month old.

Mike

--
Mike Broome