[TriLUG] non-X86 hardcore installfest interest?

Thunder Bear thunderbear at yonderway.com
Wed Jun 19 10:06:35 EDT 2002

A couple of us were talking on #trilug in IRC about having some neat
oddball hardware around that is difficult to get Linux loaded onto.

I'm wondering how much interest there would be in a weekend installfest,
no x86 hardware allowed, in which we tackled more challenging hardware.
Some examples:

	HP PA-RISC based hardware
	anything from Sun
	IBM RS/6000
	Alpha processor hardware
	Playstation 2
	one of those IBM wristwatches

This installfest wouldn't be for the weak of heart.  Probably lots of
tftp, bootp, serial consoles, etc.  I'm talking to people about a
possible gathering place somewhere in the triangle but need an idea of
what kind of turnout there would be.  i.e. do we do it in my living
room, or try to get dreyfus, or something in between?