[TriLUG] why run open source OS on oddball old hardware? (LONGDIATRIBE)

John Turner jdturner at nc.rr.com
Wed Jun 19 22:35:32 EDT 2002

Justin,

I am not even sure what the h**l Chris was trying to say here.

But I for one would welcome you bringing the Cubix. I think anything
that is not a standard PC.
Anyone got a cash register that needs Linux installed?

I have a Dec AlphaServer 1000A that I am trying to sell (guess if I get
Linux installed it might sell quicker).

I also have a HP712/60 that I am willing to donate as a door prize.

I also have a Sun Ultra 1 that I would like to get working (it seems to
have a power problem, just stops some times).

John