[TriLUG] why run open source OS on oddball old hardware? (LONGDIATRIBE)

Justin Johnson justin at eCotton.com
Thu Jun 20 08:52:40 EDT 2002

> But I for one would welcome you bringing the Cubix. I think anything
> that is not a standard PC.
Thanks. If I can't find something more 'appropriate' I'll bring the chicken
feces.

> Anyone got a cash register that needs Linux installed?
Hehe, funny you mention that. I was thinking of getting an IBM 4590 POS head
from a former employer and seeing about installing linux on that to. Would
need touchsreen drivers for it to be really cool thought. Whoops, forgot,
that's based on x86 architecture to. More feces....

I was looking on eBay for a Sun Ultra that might show up for not too much
cash. My first experience on *nix was on an Ultra 5. I kinda liked the boot
prom deal it had. Wouldn't mind one of those. :-)

Justin