[TriLUG] why run open source OS on oddball old hardware?(LONGDIATRIBE)

Justin Johnson justin at eCotton.com
Thu Jun 20 09:03:31 EDT 2002

> For the two or three people that didn't understand that was a JOKE, it
> was supposed to be in the same spirit as the vi vs. emacs, or
> gnome vs. kde good humored jesting.

Be assured that I took that as a joke, and damn near fell on the floor
laughing as a matter of fact.

> No I wasn't calling the Cubix a pile of chicken fecal matter.
Wouldn't actually care if you did. It isn't like it's my kid....

> No I wasn't suggesting that anyone actually eat
> chicken fecal matter (well, maybe the Detroit Redwings...).
GO CANES!

Hopefully my response that started with "Waaa/snip/aa" was taken the same
way. I was attempting to make a tongue in cheek joke that; ah hell if you
have to explain it, it wasn't funny....

Anyway, for the record, if I don't come up with non x86 hardware, I'll come
and learn something regardless. The bottom line is that it would end up
being just another run of the mil install. It can wait till the next
Installfest. Should be about time to start planning that anyway, shouldn't
it.

CUL8R,
Justin