[TriLUG] DocBook questions

Kevin Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Sun Jun 23 21:56:23 EDT 2002

On Sat, 2002-06-22 at 10:57, Michael Mueller wrote:
> <!doctype book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V4.1//EN" [
> ]>

First up, I don't think you need the [] chars in here.

> Thanks for any help.

The errors would indicate that there's a package or two missing from
your system, or that the files aren't copy-able. There's also, from what
i see, an error in the stylesheets that are on your system.

I've had a lot more luck with the docbook xslt transforms than with jade
and db2html. I'll see if I can dig up the instructions when I get to
work tomorrow, since they don't seem to be on this machine.

The gist of it, though, was that you could have a very basic xslt
stylesheet, and get the rest as includes form the xslt docbook project
on sourceforge. You would run the following command :

xsltproc html.xsl yourdoc.xml

where yourdoc.xml is the docbook file. xsltproc then does most fothe
heavy lifting for you.

I'll get the details for you in the morning, and int he mean time you
can check out http://docbook.sourceforge.net/projects/xsl/ for the style
sheets and their docs.

--
--         Kevin Sonney         --