[TriLUG] What is failed reloading Bind8 name server

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Jun 24 08:15:42 EDT 2002

You are running a caching name server (as in DNS).  Look in your logs for
why it failed to load.  The most common reason for Bind not reloading is an
error in the configuration file.  The most common error, that I have seen,
is folks putting in a  "#" (hash) sign - thinking it could be used for a
comment, or putting a "-" (dash) in a DNS name.