[TriLUG] Hardware needs for TriLUG cluster

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Mon Jun 24 16:49:04 EDT 2002

Vestal, Roy L. [rvestal at rti.org] wrote:

> How about if someone "donated" a 2U rack server enclosure? Stay Online has
> these for $220.00 ($170.00 for the case, and $50.00 for the power supply).
> Maybe we could start a "fund raiser" type o' thing for this.
>
> Just thinking out loud...

I think Tanner mentioned this, but the real space hog is the new array
(thanks Roy!).  Since the disk array is so handy, there's not much we
can do about it.  Because of that, it doesn't really make any sense to
worry about the ATX enclosure, since it (evidentally) sits quite well
next to the disk array.

Mike
--
"Let the power of Ponch compel you!  Let the power of Ponch compel you!"
   -- Zorak on Space Ghost