[TriLUG] why run open source OS on oddball old hardware?

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Jun 24 19:08:13 EDT 2002

On Sat, 2002-06-22 at 02:12, Robby Dermody wrote:

> > MacOS to run on an x86 machine. Unfortunately Apple
> > pulled the plug on the project due to their usual bad
> > marketing strategies, budget crunches, and the Star
> > Trek project manager quitting Apple and joining
> > Microsoft.

Apple actually ported MacOS to x86 as part of the Rhapsody project. The
x86 port never got past the beta stage, but it did release to testers.

Random mention:
http://interlink-bbs.com/clubmac/Texts/MacTel.TEXT

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway <tcallawa at redhat.com> Red Hat Sales Engineer
Sair Linux and GNU Certified Administrator (LCA)
Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
GPG: D786 8B22 D9DB 1F8B 4AB7  448E 3C5E 99AD 9305 4260

The words and opinions reflected in this message do not necessarily
reflect those of my employer, Red Hat, and belong solely to me.

"Immature poets borrow, mature poets steal." --- T. S. Eliot