[TriLUG] RR DNS?

Lisa C. Boyd lcboyd at nc.rr.com
Thu Jun 27 09:31:15 EDT 2002

Ben wrote:
>Until we can get our DNS issues resolved (no pun intended), I think a
>caching name server is a pretty good idea.

I'd love to but this is sort of low on my list right now :) Learning about
kernel stuff this week. Maybe some of you can point me in the right
direction to get this started?

>I might also recommend adding a secondary DNS server that is not the
>nc.rr.com dns server.
>Here are a couple of options:

Thanks for these options :) This is good information to know.

>We are going to be testing a replacement solution for the Raleigh/Durham
>area over the next
>couple of weeks, and barring any significant issues with it, we should
>have it in place rather quickly.  Thanks, and please bear with us.
>Improving the quality of your service is the first priority of me and my group.

Personally I want to thank you for your response. This makes me feel a
little better about my service - knowing that competent people are looking
into the problems and having options. Thanks for the info Ben!

Lisa B.