[TriLUG] Can open source solutions be viable companies?

Kim Green kndrkim at employees.org
Fri Jun 28 12:04:32 EDT 2002

I know somebody who also used to work there, although not PhD (she's down
at Emory now).  They were very limited in the specialized software
available, meaning no they did no programming, and had to deal with the
software available.  She dearly wanted to upgrade some other software, but
the specialized stuff was designed in a very limited way and would have
gone bonkers if anything in the hardware or OS was changed.  Niche markets
at their finest... :<   Perhaps this PhD was trying to find other ways
around such limitations...

Kim...