[TriLUG] C# and .NET

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at apache.org
Sun Jun 30 22:25:22 EDT 2002

I liked what Sam said best:

"If you want to write one program for 7 different platforms, use Java.
 If you want to write a program for 1 platform
using 7 different language, use .NET"

Sam while he gave a very nice technical analysis of .NET and pointed out
advantages over Java, in the end he said he
still does all his work (minus what he must do for his role as ECMA
convener for the .NET reference committee) in Java and has no plans to
switch to C#.

Still, I'm not satisfied with Java for many reasons.  For one it has yet
to achieve its perforamance promises (yes I know what Sun's benchmarks
say, but I assure you they are BS).  Ultimately I find my bleeding edge
flirtation will go towards:

http://www.opend.org - "D"

-Andy