[TriLUG] TrueType font problems

Janyne Kizer janyne_kizer at ncsu.edu
Mon Jul 1 09:51:05 EDT 2002

I have installed the TrueType fonts from
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fontpack/default.htm on my RH 7.2
system.  They work fine with XFS.  Then I went to add them to
StarOffice.  I pretty much used the info on this page
http://www.via.ecp.fr/~remi/linux/sottf/sottf_en.php3 to do it (I had to
edit the StarOffice scripts slightly and add them to psstd.fonts by
hand) and Times New Roman works great.  Arial and Verdana have some
weird problems though.  The capital X does not print in Arial Bold (but
displays on the screen and works fine in PDFs) and the = and -
characters are incorrect (print as a square with an offset equals sign
and a square respectively).  Have any of you successfully used these
fonts in StarOffice 5.2?  Any hints would be appreciated.  Thanks!
--

Janyne Kizer
CNE-3, CNE-4, CNE-5