[TriLUG] TrueType font problems

Paul D. Boyle boyle at laue.chem.ncsu.edu
Mon Jul 1 10:21:11 EDT 2002

Jayne Kizer wrote:

> I have installed the TrueType fonts from
> http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fontpack/default.htm on my RH 7.2
> system.  They work fine with XFS.

I have a related question to Jayne's problem.

I recently installed StarOffice on a SuSE 7.3 system.  The 12 point fonts
look like crap.  In fact, the fonts look the same crappy way if I move
to 14 or 18 point font (i.e. the size doesn't change and it looks bad).
If I move to 10 point very thing looks relatively normal.  I had also
installed StarOffice on a Redhat 6.x system and the fonts worked fine.
What is the difference?  Does anyone know if this would be fixed by using
the fonts Jayne refers to above?

Thanks for any help,

Paul

Paul D. Boyle			    |	boyle at laue.chem.ncsu.edu
Director, X-ray Structural Facility |	phone: (919) 515-7362
Department of Chemistry - Box 8204  |	FAX:   (919) 515-5079
North Carolina State University     |
Raleigh, NC, 27695-8204
http://laue.chem.ncsu.edu/web/xray.welcome.html