[TriLUG] Theo is a not nice person

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Tue Jul 2 15:46:25 EDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 14:50, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> They might find the money for the opportunity to brag that they were the
> principal supporter of a close rival's
> LUG...  Thats just plain ol good marketing.

"close rival's LUG"?

We are not officially, in any way shape or form, any one distro or Linux
vendor's LUG. Nor should we ever be.

While we're local to a particular Linux Vendor's HQ, and have received
*LOTS* of great support from them, we are by no means their LUG in the
possessive sense that you've inferred.

For the record, we've gotten official gifts & donations from Red Hat,
S.u.S.E., and Turbo Linux. I thank them profusely, and would do the same
for any vendor that wants to give us stuff. I'd really like some
official Debian stuff, and Mandrake is welcome to add to the pile....

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --
320C 0336 3BC4 13EC 4AEC  6AF2 525F CED7 7BB6 12C9
"It's not stupid...it's ADVANCED"