[TriLUG] New PCMCIA NIC

Justin Johnson justin at eCotton.com
Tue Jul 2 17:33:02 EDT 2002

> If Justin is correct, in that his 802.11b PCMCIA card works, then I
> seriously doubt that the Laptop's cardbus is the issue. Have you tried
> the disfunctional card in another laptop to verify that it works? I
> would be surprised if the 802.11b card was not a 32-bit card.
> The 3COM I don't really know about.

The Linksys 802.11b card definately works. It's in the machine now and I
just copied the logs that I just sent to the group across the network.

> If you cannot verify the fact that the card works somewhere
> else then it will always be suspect. If you 802.11b card works in the
> laptop and the 3Com card doesn't work in the SAME SLOT then you might have
a bad
> card.... Just a thought.

The 3Com is definately good. It works in Windbloze. Also we just purchased a
NetGear FA511 NIC as well. Same
issues.

> Also you might want to read the documentation on cardmgr(8) and
> cardctl(8). Also, if you look in /etc/init.d/pcmcia you'll find the
> location of the config file if you need to look at them.

Will do this too. Thanks for the pointer to the docs to review.

Thanks,
Justin