[TriLUG] Theo is a not nice person

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at apache.org
Tue Jul 2 16:59:25 EDT 2002

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney wrote:

>On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 14:50, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
>

>>They might find the money for the opportunity to brag that they were the
>>principal supporter of a close rival's
>>LUG...  Thats just plain ol good marketing.
>>

>"close rival's LUG"?
>
>We are not officially, in any way shape or form, any one distro or Linux
>vendor's LUG. Nor should we ever be.

That is *not* what I meant.  I meant geographcially.

>While we're local to a particular Linux Vendor's HQ, and have received
>*LOTS* of great support from them, we are by no means their LUG in the
>possessive sense that you've inferred.

it was indeliberate.  To clarify my symantic meaning:
I live in the Triangle area.  MY LUG is the trilug.  They are in the
triangle area....
their (local) lug is...  anyhow...pay attention to the subject.

>For the record, we've gotten official gifts & donations from Red Hat,
>S.u.S.E., and Turbo Linux. I thank them profusely, and would do the same
>for any vendor that wants to give us stuff. I'd really like some
>official Debian stuff, and Mandrake is welcome to add to the pile....

The subject was how to be like theo ;-)  Please disregard and
suggestions made as non-serious.

(The idea was how amusing it would be to see a big fat madrake logo
under IBM's)