[TriLUG] HOLY SH*T!

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at apache.org
Thu Jul 4 15:58:01 EDT 2002

Drop it now and have the option to bring it back up later when
the Court changes (see in at least by my calculations at minimum 6-7 or
so years as it is unlikely bush won't be re-elected) or take it up there
now and face an extremely "pro-business" conservative court that is
unlikely to decide in your favor.  Then you have to wait 20-40 years to
have it heard again.  This isn't to say another challenge won't bring it
about.  I've long thought that a commercial dispute between titans is
more likely to overturn the law in the current climate.

On Wed, 2002-07-03 at 22:38, rob wildermann wrote:

> This is beyond depressing. Someone has to put an end
> to this DMCA crap.
>
> --rob wildermann
>
> --- "David R. Matusiak" <matusiak at speakeasy.net>
> wrote:
> > http://www.2600.com/news/display.shtml?id=1233
> >
> > "2600 DROPS DECSS APPEAL
> > Posted 3 Jul 2002 19:09:42 UTC
> >
> > Yes, it's true. After numerous consultations with
> > our legal team and all kinds
> > of internal debate, we have decided that we've
> > gotten the DeCSS case as far as
> > we can. We won't be bringing it to the Supreme
> > Court."
> >
> > d'oh!
> > ___  _ _____ . ....
> > m a h t o o z e e a c k  a t  s p e e k e e z e e  d
> > o t  n e t
> > ------ / / .........     . . .

> > TriLUG Organizational FAQ:
> >
> http://www.trilug.org/~lovelace/faq/TriLUG-faq.html
>

> =====
> --rob wildermann
> alteran at yahoo.com

> TriLUG Organizational FAQ:
http://www.superlinksoftware.com - software solutions for business
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi - Excel/Word/OLE 2 Compound Document in
Java
http://krysalis.sourceforge.net/centipede - the best build/project
structure
		    a guy/gal could have! - Make Ant simple on complex Projects!
vote.
-Ambassador Kosh