[TriLUG] Linux on Macs

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Sun Jul 7 11:14:30 EDT 2002

BTW, I'm installing Gentoo on my laptop just for kicks right now, I've gotten
to the point where I could build openssh and get out into the real world while
more stuff builds.  ;)

So far I'm pretty impressed with gentoo...  When I did it on linux I kicked
everything off and walked away.  This time I've been watching it more closely
and they're doing some pretty neat stuff.  I'm half-tempted to combine gentoo
and fink (a unix "distribution" for macosx) and make a fink linux distro.  =)
The main thing that bugs me about gentoo is it's lack of real package
management once something's installed.

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger at befunk.com) http://ranger.befunk.com/
You will feel tremendous pain at the area where foreign materials are