Gentoo Package Management ( was Re: [TriLUG] Linux on Macs )

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Sun Jul 7 18:23:03 EDT 2002

Ed Warnicke [hagbard at physics.rutgers.edu] wrote:
> Have you run across qpkg yet?

Ahh, no, I have not...

> emerge qpkg
>
> qpkg let's you make queries about packages ( which package did this file
> come from, what is the meta info on a given package, verify this
> package, etc ).

That was a big part of what I was wondering...  so looks like it does more
than I thought.  =)

> Again, let me know what elements of package management are still missing
> from your point of view.  I'm genuinely curious.

My main issue was the lack of queries...  I've now spent a couple more hours
with it and it seems pretty cool.

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger at befunk.com) http://ranger.befunk.com/
"What's the difference between Roy Rogers and Will Rogers?"