[TriLUG] Honeypots attract flies

Mike Mueller mjm-58 at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 13 08:41:42 EDT 2002

I found this link at slashdot this AM.  While reading linked articles I
recalled a converstation on this list about staged hacking to analyse
vulnerabilities. The article's topic also ties in with recent conversations
on security and exploitable flaws in OpenSSH and Apache.  The idea promoted
on www.lucidic.net is to set out a "honeypot" seemingly unprotected systems
and attract "flies" or hackers.  Then you can study the flies while they do
fly things and share the results openly.  This strikes me as a powerful
concept.

http://www.lucidic.net

The whitepapers have a consistent and familiar look and feel thanks to
DocBook (my current fascination).