[TriLUG] kmail and RoadRunner

William Scalione wscalione at nc.rr.com
Mon Jul 15 16:41:56 EDT 2002

Jon Carnes wrote

>make sure your login name and password are correct with Roadrunner:
>  telnet pop-server.nc.rr.com  110
>     user william
>     pass willspw
>
>Put in your username and password as appropriate. This will tell you
>whether your setup is correct.

Jon,

Thanks for the reply, heres the return when I enter
telnet pop-server.nc.rr.com  110

Trying 24.93.67.206
telnet: connect to address 24.93.67.206 Connection refused

Tried telnet with my Dell email server name and it works fine
Tried changing the dash to a dot and got unable to locate
server, so I have to guess the server name is correct. just
can't connect for some reason. Any other ideas?

Thanks
Bill