[TriLUG] Finding decent monitors?

Bill Vinson billvinson at nc.rr.com
Wed Jul 17 00:06:56 EDT 2002

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 10:40:21PM -0400, Mike Johnson wrote:
> Not to pry too much, but 'trying to keep the costs down' means a lot of
> different things to different people.  If you look at how long you kept
> this one, you know monitors are items that last a while, through many
> upgrades.  As such, I choose to spend a little extra on my monitor
> purchases.  All that said, here's what I plan to buy when I need a new
> one:
> http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1612

I understand that cheap is a sliding scale based on the buyer. I don't
want anymore CRT monitors. I would be perfectly happy with LCD monitors
for the rest of my life (with some exceptions if I ever get more heavily
into video editing). However, my wife likes cheap and can't stand my 19"
monitor. She says it is too big and hurts her eyes (It's an AOC from
Intrex). I feel a 17" or 15" would be best for her, but it doesn't have
to be great quality as she uses it for at most 2 hours a day with the
length usually being less than one hour and that is always in web,
e-mail, or word-type editing.

The monitor you mention does look quite nice, but probably too much for
her :)

Thanks,
Bill
--