[TriLUG] cd burner

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Thu Jul 18 05:11:02 EDT 2002

Avui, Dijous 18 Juliol 2002 06:17, no tenieu res mes que fer i me vareu enviar
aquest e-mail
> I am looking to hook-up my CD-RW to RedHat Linux 7.3.
> The CD burner has USB and parallel port.  My CD-RW is
> about year and half old. I have done some Google
> search on the internet but have not found anything
> that I could use so far.  Does anybody have any
> suggestions as to how I would make the CD burner work
> with Linux.

> Thanks,
> Sanjeev Rathore

Hi Sanjeev,

I have used USB CD-RW with RedHat 7.3 successfully. Just plug the Cd-RW to the
USB port before booting into Linux. Kudzu and hotplug should be able to
detect and configure it.

It will be detected as a SCSI device. I think that it will even make an entry
on /etc/fstab for it, as well as a directory on /mnt

Then, using a GUI program / cdrecord on the command line, you should be able
to use it no problem.

Hope this helps.

Salut,
Sinner
--
RedHat QA Test Engineer  --  Running RedHat 7.3 on i386smp
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/