OT: flame on (was Re: [TriLUG] Debian Bigots)

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Mon Jul 29 11:37:49 EDT 2002

Andrew C. Oliver [acoliver at apache.org] wrote:
> So what is your opinion of the installation?  Why does it take 6 months
> less than a Linux based mail server
> to set up?  (making reference to the trilug mail server saga)

Setting up a "normal" mail server is very different from setting up an
entire secure infrastructure, single-login, and "virtual" accounts on a set
of boxes, where all of the people who connect have no more confirmation as
to who they are other than a little paper card that says "TriLUG Member" on
it.

Setting up a mail server itself is easy, but mail is a small part of the
stuff that's going on in setting up the new trilug servers, and it depends
on a number of other things working first.

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger at befunk.com) http://ranger.befunk.com/
Boy is it cramped... whoooee!  I tell ya, if I was dead, you most certainly