[TriLUG] Ok all you Debian fans, here's your challenge...

Vestal, Roy L. rvestal at rti.org
Tue Jul 30 09:43:10 EDT 2002

...As a reminder, I'm the "Keeper of the firewall" for TriLUG's monthly
meetings. During the past 3 months, I, a RedHat person (not an employee),
have installed Debian Woody on an old Toshiba 110CS.  However, I haven't
been able to get the DHCP server to run correctly from the startup script.
I've been having to stop the service, stop the firewall service, and the
caching service, then MANUALLY start DHCP using "dhcpd eth0" for the server
to work, then start the firewall, then the web caching.

Here's my challenge/question:

I've asked our SC to help me, mainly Kevin, but I don't think we should ask
them to do EVERYTHING. I agree with a post from Jon Carnes a few days ago,
so I'm asking the LUG, not the SC, for help. I'm going to continue working
with this and trying, but I'm still new to DHCP and to Debian. If anyone has
ideas or wants to volunteer to help me get this blasted thing working,
please let me know. I don't want to ask the SC to help on this. They've done
more than enough.

If you want to show up at 6:00pm NEXT meeting, please reply offline. I can
get the room as early as we need.