OT: flame on (was Re: [TriLUG] Debian Bigots)

Lisa C. Boyd lcboyd at nc.rr.com
Tue Jul 30 11:40:20 EDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 11:29, Ben Pitzer wrote:
> Seriously, I could put together a quick 10-15 minute presentation on how
> cable ISPs work for an upcoming TriLUG meeting, and I'd love to talk to
> you all about it.  Is there much interest in this?

I think it would be interesting just for me, as a customer, to
understand more. BTW, thanks Ben for all your patience and help with RR
stuff! I haven't had any problems since you gave us the alternate DNS
servers (although I'm wondering now if I should just change it back to
the auto way but I'm not going to mess with anything that's not broke!).

My problems with email were due to the aliases I had through my web host
- their sp*m stuff kept out legitimate emails that I wanted! So I've
reverted most of my email to my RR account. Not the best thing for me to
do, but it works for now.

If you do this presentation though, make it in November so I can make it
:) Not sure I could make the other meetings until then!

Lisa B.