[TriLUG] Sound recording/editing/archiving - where to start?

Lisa Lorenzin lorenzin at 1000plus.com
Tue Jul 30 11:44:51 EDT 2002

hi lisa,

i'm just getting into sound editing on linux - i've been using soundforge
under win2k, but i'm trying to go completely windows-free on my new box,
so i'm trying to find a new solution.  some pages you might want to check
out:

overview of linux audio on lwn:
http://old.lwn.net/2001/0927/desktop.php3

the linux cookbook, chapter five: sound
http://www.dsl.org/cookbook/cookbook_26.html

audio links on hitsquad:
http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/linux/AUDIO_EDITORS/
http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/linux/AUDIO_RECORDING/

snd home page:
http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/software/snd/
Developing and Using Snd: Editing Sound Under Linux
http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2001/10/05/snd_partone.html

> So I guess I want to know if this is reasonably possible to do. If you
> have any links to really beginner sites explaining this stuff or have
> pitfalls to avoid - I'd appreciate any advice :) And obviously I'm not
> exactly sure what I'm talking about above so if something doesn't make
> sense - ask and I'll get more clarification.

if you find anything interesting, i'd really appreciate it if you'd share!
i'll keep you posted as i dig further into this...

							lisa

--
lisa lorenzin  |  lorenzin at 1000plus.com  |  http://www.1000plus.com/lisa/
of what avail is an open eye if the heart is blind? - solomon ibn gavirol