[TriLUG] Sound recording/editing/archiving - where to start?

Lisa C. Boyd lcboyd at nc.rr.com
Tue Jul 30 12:15:14 EDT 2002

Thanks Tanner and Lisa for the quick responses :)

Tanner: I'll keep this list of apps to check out when I get to that
point. We also have a digital video camera so possibly we can pull in
video to the computer too. Sound would be the first priority now though.
Currently we are having to burn special music cds when someone wants a
copy which are more expensive than just using regular data formatted
cds. Of course, I have to look into all of this more too :)

Lisa: Thanks for the links! I'll be going through them in the next
couple of weeks as I have time. I will definitely keep you informed of
anything I come across. I'm hoping to set up my blog and use it to track
the progress I'm making with the whole Linux experience :) It might help
others but it'll be mainly for me to go back and reference also!

Do any of you know if I would need a special sound card or anything like
that for the computer part? Or if I'm able to find a way to get the
signal from the sound board (or other parts like cd player) to the
regular inputs on a regular sound card - it'd work?

Thanks again!!
Lisa B.