[TriLUG] home mail servers (was Re: OT: flame on)

John F Davis johndavi at us.ibm.com
Tue Jul 30 13:25:12 EDT 2002

Hello

Reason 2 is correct.

And you are correct, if for some reason you go down.  The mail will get
resent.  If you get back up in the meantime, everything will be ok.

Like I said, I have been using my own mail and I haven't ever needed a
secondary MX.

Also, keep in mind, you might not want your friends to collect your mail.
I trust my friends, but I don't want to have to trust them that much.
i.e. they might get nosey, they might get hacked, etc.  Why am I so
paranoid?  Well, its not just my mail, but its my wife's mail, our
ameritrade mail,
etc.  Its personal and I don't want it out of my hands.

JD

Chris Merrill <cmerrill at nc.rr.com>@trilug.org on 07/30/2002 01:16:23 PM

Please respond to trilug at trilug.org

Sent by:    trilug-admin at trilug.org