[TriLUG] How to connect two buildings a mile apart...

John F Davis johndavi at us.ibm.com
Wed Jul 31 12:50:43 EDT 2002

Get a leased/dedicated line.  Since you pay by the mile, two miles ain't
going to set your company back that much.  Also, its not going to have rain
fade and will most likely be cheaper.

JD

Dan Monjar <dmonjar at bellsouth.net>@trilug.org on 07/31/2002 10:39:31 AM

Please respond to trilug at trilug.org

Sent by:    trilug-admin at trilug.org

To:    trilug at trilug.org
cc:
Subject:    [TriLUG] How to connect two buildings a mile apart...

Not on topic but I'll give it a shot... I need to connect two buildings
about a mile apart... I currently have two T1's (one is used for backup)
between but the R&D folk don't think 1.5Mb is fast enough, go figure.
There is line of sight between the two buildings so I was thinking of
microwave or perhaps WiFi with a yagi antenna to make the beam more
direction.  What would you do?

--
Dan <mailto:dmonjar at bellsouth.net>