[TriLUG] How to connect two buildings a mile apart...

Mike Mueller mjm-58 at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 31 13:23:20 EDT 2002

Already has leased service: 2xT1, one active, other standby.

Consider running both T1 simulataneously.  If one fails, service degrades but
does not fail.  Add more T1 as needed.  Sangoma cards and a Linux box make a
nice router with load balancing among the cards.

Boost up to T3.  Need future growth plan and service quotes to determine
value to your operation.  Compare with mutiple T1 approach.

Investigate ADSL or SDSL.

Consider a combination of services (radio, DSL, leased line) with load
balancing.

Study the traffic to find out the nature of the congestion.  Is the T1 voice
and data?

I apologize for this plug: refer to http://www.trilug.org/sponsors.php at
bottom of page for more info on how Sangoma products purchased through a
sponser will help trilug.

Mike