[TriLUG] How to connect two buildings a mile apart...

That One Guy trilug at ichi.net
Wed Jul 31 14:30:32 EDT 2002

On Wednesday 31 July 2002 01:57 pm, John F Davis wrote:
> Welp, here we go again.
>
> You have a shitty attitude.  You asked for help, I offered it.  I did not
> force you to accept it.

John,

   This seems to be a repeatable pattern that several people have picked up
on.  You do offer advice, which is good.  However, if your advice is not
taken or is in the slightest way redirected, you have an adverse reaction.
At that point, you are generally insulting and ellicit bad responses from
others.  The short of it is, you bring it on yourself, man.

All,

   As far as the signal-to-noise ratio, I'm sorry for adding to the noise.
Hopefully by addressing the root of the problem we can cut down on the noise.

The problem to me seems to be that John (F Davis) insults others, ellicits a
bad response in doing so, and then *really* lashes out when they call him on
it.  There has been a much higher amount of noise in the past week alone
owing to this problem.

Just my two-cents,
TOG