[TriLUG] [Fwd: my last message for awhile.]

Thunder Bear thunderbear at yonderway.com
Wed Jul 31 18:53:50 EDT 2002

You linked to a couple of my posts and one of them deserves to be
expounded upon.

I originally posted that stonesoup was, well, not a very nice box.
After one of the other SC guys said "No, man, bucky is the turd" (or
something to that effect) I posted a correction.  Then after some more
discussion I realized I was right, PLUS bucky was unstable.

In short, both boxes have some serious stability problems.

While I appreciate the amount of work that went into putting stonesoup
together, my personal preference would be *not* to use it for the TriLUG
mail server because of its fragile nature.  There is instead a more
recently donated dual processor machine that should hopefully fit the
bill.

My recommendation to the SC is to gratefully accept the parts from
stonesoup that we can use, and return anything unused to the original
donors.