[TriLUG] 802.11B USB adapter working?

Kevin Flanagan kevin at flanagannc.net
Thu Aug 1 07:09:24 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I'm getting ready to do put up a wireless link in the house for my
laptop, and think that my Linux box would make a good Access Point, I
read about turning a BSD machine into an AP.  It seems to me that you
would have a lot more control, be able to use Iptables to secure things
a bit better.

I have Linux Kernel 2.2.19-7.0.8 running, it's from the e-smith
(www.e-smith.org) package, and isn't likely to be updated anytime soon.

I was wondering if anyone on the list has had any experience with this
kind of config.

TIA,

	Kevin

"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and
stupidity." -
	Harlan Ellison