[TriLUG] Opening Office files

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Mon Aug 5 10:15:37 EDT 2002

OpenOffice.org does a pretty-good job of most of them. Crossover office
uses a variant of WINE to run MS Office itself, which means
"better" compliance but pollution by MS software.  I've never found
anything except Access files that I couldn't read adequately using
openoffice.

ap

clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu