[TriLUG] Opening Office files

Chris Knowles knowlesc at telocity.com
Mon Aug 5 10:21:29 EDT 2002

Open Office (www.openoffice.org) is a free (beer and speech) office,
related to Star Office, that can open and edit most MS office files.

CrossOver Office (www.codeweavers.com) is a module that allows you to
install and run MS Office itself.  Drawbacks: Need a copy of Office, and
even so you are breaking the EULA by running Office on a non-Windows
box.

My recommendation, try openoffice, and only if that doesn't work for
you, CrossOver.

CJK