[TriLUG] Question: RH7.2 kernel update problem viaRedHatNet/up2date?

William W. Ward wwward at pobox.com
Mon Aug 5 10:59:12 EDT 2002

Tom -

Scratch the up2date version issue, after I read that on the RH Support page,
I made doubly sure it was up2date. ;)

The serial or FDD text log dump would be ideal.

Right now, I have the new kernel installed rather than upgraded, so I can
still operate the machine okay, and I've manually re-run the mkinitrd, so
that image should be current.  Unless there is a recompile or some other
change that up2date missed, I can't imagine anything out of place OTHER THAN
something being incompatible with a particular module version.

Its only troublesome because there are three machines of this type I'd like
to get operating in this manner.  Seeing that my p2/266 laptop updated
without a problem, its most surely a case of weird hardware incompatibility.
<shrug>

-b-