[TriLUG] Future TriLUG Lunches

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Mon Aug 5 19:48:58 EDT 2002

prhodes at vdsinc.com [prhodes at vdsinc.com] wrote:

> Tri-LUG lunches sound good.  If anybody is interested in meeting in Raleigh
> for one, might I suggest
> the Upper Deck, on East Whitaker Mill Rd?  They have pretty good country
> style food for lunch
> and the price is pretty reasonable.

I like the idea of TriLUG lunchs.  However, I suggest that folks don't
try and agree on 'the one true lunch place' for -everyone- to go to.
It's always going to be a long drive for someone.  Instead, I'd
recommend several lunchs.  Maybe, once a week, every week, but in four
different locales.

So, maybe you have the first thursday (day selected at random) of the
month at some place in Chappel Hill.  The second thursday in Durham.
The third Thursday in North Raleigh, and the forth in Cary or west
Raleigh.  This way, everyone has a chance to hit one and it's not a far
drive.  Anyone can hit any of the lunches, but this should cut down on
the problems with agreeing for one location for everyone.

Mike
--
"Let the power of Ponch compel you!  Let the power of Ponch compel you!"
   -- Zorak on Space Ghost