[TriLUG] Wireless Access Points - CHEAP

John Beimler john at radiomind.com
Mon Aug 5 22:05:18 EDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-08-05 at 09:35, kevin at flanagannc.net wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   Yesterday's Raleigh paper carried an add from Office Max, Dlink WDL-900AP for
> $59.99.  They were out of stock at 12:30 when I went, gee what a surprise.  I
> went to Circuit City to see if they had them, and would match the price.  Yes
> to both.  They had 9 more after I got mine, and did a 115% match, that makes
> the cost just under $50, then go to Circuitcity.com to get the $50 rebate
> form.  I didn't see any reason that they would deny the rebate, that should
> make for a free WAP.
>

>  NOTE:  This is an AP ONLY, no router, or switch.

I got one at the Cary Circuit City for 55.68 before tax, it was the only
one on the shelf, but they said they probably had more in the back.  The
clerk told me they probably would not honor the rebate, but I am going
to give it the old college try -- its only $0.37.

I also got a D-Link wireless PC card at the same time, they are $39.99
both at OfficeMax & Circuit City.

Peace.

john