[TriLUG] Problem with Win2k Pro, RH7.3 dual boot

Tarus Balog tarus at sortova.com
Tue Aug 6 13:17:10 EDT 2002

> I started installing RH 7.3 on my old Win2k box last night. The install
> seemed to go through ok. I selected Grub as the bootloader and followed
> the directions for installing it with WinNT selecting the checkbox to
> have Grub installed to the first partition of the Linux disk.

You should install grub in the master boot record, otherwise Windows will
control the MBR and you'll never get to the Linux partition.

Or, you can use a windows-based boot loader: BOOTPART.EXE

http://www.winimage.com/bootpart.htm

and add an entry in to boot to the Linux partition.

-T

--
Tarus Balog
Consultant