[TriLUG] Update on Imap server/single sign on and tonight's meeting

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Thu Aug 8 15:35:06 EDT 2002

Hi folks,

I was hoping to have the imap server ready for testing by this
evening's meeting.  I did get it up and running last night, but
I had to create all the necessary directories by hand (i.e. for
each user, etc..) which won't scale at all.  It shouldn't be too
long, though, until it's ready (keeping in mind, however, that
I'm out of the state Friday until Monday).  In anticipation of
that, and since single sign-on *is* up and running (although
not hooked into anything yet), I'd like to give anyone who wants
it, the opportunity to get registered with ldap/kerberos servers.
I can put the ldap information in at any time, but what I really
need people to do is to set their kerberos passwords.  It would
be much better if people did that directly at the meeting than
trying to set passwords for them and then e-mailing them out or
something like that.

Therefore, in anticipation of the imap server being up and
running soon, I'm going to setup my laptop at the meeting
tonight and let people setup their kerberos passwords.
If you would like a trilug e-mail account, or if you have a shell
account on fatalpha, please stop by my laptop (which will be setup on
the side of the room), fill out a bit of information for the
account records, and type in a password.  This will allow us,
once the imap server *is* up and running, to go forward quickly,
rather than waiting until the next meeting to get people's
passwords.

Note that all this is contingent on having good connectivity
this evening. :-)

Thanks,
Tanner
--