[TriLUG] Frustrated MS users turn to Linux, Apple

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Fri Aug 9 15:21:18 EDT 2002

What kind of apps are they using? (the ones that only run on Windows).
Would they be amenable to having a group convert those for them - perhaps
for a healthy tax-deductible donation to a local 501(c)3 non-profit.

I find that a lot of these types of apps are Database driven, and the
simplest way to convert these apps (as you point out) is to web-enable
them - using simple forms lifted straight from the appearance of the app
itself.  This is actually a lot easier than most folks think it is (or maybe
the folks at HAHT just think that way...).

Jon