[TriLUG] Frustrated MS users turn to Linux, Apple

Robby Dermody robbyd at avalonent.org
Fri Aug 9 17:34:02 EDT 2002

Oh, Then go with it I'd say. :)

It's amazing how well you can make an interface look in a web browser using
modern web technologies like CSS, Javascript, DHTML, etc.

But for bare bones functionality, plain old forms should do fine.

I'm a big fan of php for doing all of this (very easy to use/code, works out
of the box in my experience, good relational DB support, large userbase,
etc).
I didn't like mod_perl that much, and didn't want to sit and figure out what
in the
world Zope is doing, but I'd take a look at those two as well.

Or, you could write a small HTTP server in C, write your own language
parser,
RDB interface, etc. lol

Robby